What should I do?

Okay so my SO and I have been together for almost 2 years, and we have been engaged for 1 yr. We have 2 kids together, a 13 month old and a 1 month old. We are good until we start fighting. When we fight, he calls me useless, and a bitch and a c***. When we make up, its like nothing ever happened. I love him, but the pain I feel when we fight is too much. I can never tell if he means it or not. What should I do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Why be with someone who calls you names? I'm not grasping that concept. Counseling is a good idea; if it doesn't work, leave. No one deserves to be treated that way.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Well, name-calling is totally unacceptable. I mean, it's not like saying 'you're being an ass' or something - these are horrible names to call you. Why would you put up with that? Why not let him know (when you're not fighting) that the names need to go in order to keep a healthy relationship? I hope it gets better.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Why would you have a baby by a man that disrespects you? I just don't understand what it is about a man that will take you down and you allow it to happen? You've been with this man for a short period of time and already have two children with him...do you really want your children to see him disrespecting you like this? Do you want to be disrespected like this? Regardless if he means it or not, he's wrong to put you down the way he has...and why are you allowing it to happen?
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I can't tell you what you "should" do, but I know what I would do, I would leave. Actually, I would ask him to go to counseling first to see if it can be worked out, if not, then I would leave. I think that is disrepectful, and I wouldn't want to be married to a person that felt it was acceptable to call his life partner names like that.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:48 PM on Oct. 13, 2010