need some advice please feeling like im going crazy no bashing thank you

how can i deal with a crying baby better i feel stressed out he crys all the time i dont get alot of help from my husband and i feel like i am loosing it my family is not around and i dont know anyone where we are i suffer from depression and have for a long time and i feel like i am getting in my rut again and really trying not to and i tryed to talk to my husband about it but he dose not think i have a tuff job i cant really clean much because every time a turn around he is crying and if i let him cry he will make him self pass out i feel like a bad mom because its getting to me its been going on for 6 months he dose not sleep much nothing just really hard to deal with

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• talk to a doctor for you and ur hubby is a jerk he needs to be more suportive....just take care of the baby and let the house get dirty no matter how much you cant stand it and maybe he will see you need some help and support
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 12:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Yes talk to your doctor and a pediatrician. This baby stage will pass.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 12:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Try wearing the baby while you do stuff. It will keep your hands free and your baby happy. that will helps out some. Your husband needs knock in the head too. The other ladies had awesome ideas as well.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Some times my son cries so much that I literally have 5 minutes to get anything done. I have tried to just focus on the fact that my son loves me and looks to me for comfort. He knows nothing else except the security that I give him. I just let the house wait, do things when I can and try to remember that this will pass!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Has he been diagnosed with Colic? it sounds as if he may have it, also make sure everything is taken care of for him, clean diaper, full belly. Have you tried a pacifier? They can work wonders. try to swaddle him too, wrap him up tightly, and look into a mother baby group. Alot of hospitals sponser them, as well as churches. Sometimes when I got overwhelmed I would make sure baby was safe, and just go sit outside for a few minutes regardless if he was crying or not. Do you have a baby swing, maybe that will help calm him down with the motion of it. A baby carrier/sling/snugli is a wonderful thing and you can do alot with him in it and feel accomplished. Good luck hon.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 2:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I understand completely! First off, I am sorry you have to go through this. I went through pretty much the same thing cept for the past month or so. My daughter has acid reflux and before it was diagnosed, she would scream cry for 6-7hours strait, then pass out and there was no consoling her. I thought I was a horrible parent. And my Fiance, he didn't help with the cleaning and I have no family or friends where I moved, so that made it even tougher. She still doesn't sleep through the night, wakes up 2-7x a night, only take 3-4 10-20minute naps during the day. I think that you should talk to your Hubby and tell him you need a day off to go do something, a day may not sound like much but trust me, it will make a world of a difference. And you aren't a bad mother by letting your baby cry if you've done everything you can. Have you tried talking to your pediatrician and seeing if there is an underlining problem with your baby?
    ZammiesMommy

Answer by ZammiesMommy at 4:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• If not, you should look into it. Try swaddling, even baths some babies find it relaxing, swing, vibrating bouncer, carrier/sling (never worked with me, my boobs are tooooo big haha). Just when you feel over-whelmed put the baby down and walk away, that is the most important thing. And when it comes to your Hubby thinking that your job isn't hard, you know different...we ALL do. Being a mother is hard work, but unfortunately we have to be the strong ones. Just know that in time things will get better, keep your head up and know when to take a break! Good luck hun!
    ZammiesMommy

Answer by ZammiesMommy at 4:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2010