Why are men like this?

My husband was gripping at me as he left for work because we didn't have any extra money this week and we are going on an out of town romantic get away next weekend. He says "Why are we even going next weekend if we don't have any money." I tried to explain to him that we had bills due this week but not next week and thats why we didn't have extra this week but we would next week. He doesn't handle any of the bills thats one of my many jobs so I guess he doesn't get it. I just don't see why that would be hard to understand. Plus the trip really isn't even costing us anything because part of it is an early Christmas Present from his mother. And the other part is that its a casino where we have free rooms and free buffets. I just don't understand him sometimes.

jnd951999

Asked by jnd951999 at 12:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I honestly think that sometimes men gripe just to hear themselves gripe lol.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Same reason some women do annoying things to irritate their hubbies I guess. Have fun on your trip :-)

Men usually are money minded. Thats a normal part of their hunter-gatherer mentality they are just born with as males. Not his fault.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• sounds like my dh, he worries about money all the time then takes it out on me when we're low on cash
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I don't know...men just like to hear themselves talk....my boyfriend doesn't complain about money and we are very tight right now....if he did i would sarcastically say...well i guess its time for you to get a better job....lol....

KME3

Answer by KME3 at 12:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• TMI- he's just being a husband. Like you said, you do the bills, so he is probably worried about money and doesn't know a lot about your situation or doesn't get it.

I say go and have a good time. If it was me, I'd start with a good Blow Job to relax him, then go from there.
    If don't risk it by gambling, then you will probably all be ok.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Sit him down and go through your budget together. The next time you balance you checkbook, have him sit down with you so he can understand where the money is coming from and where it's going.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Both men and women alike worry about money. It's not just a man thing.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2010