How do you do the 3 day potty training

I am just wondering for when my 18 month old DD is ready to be Potty trained

Avery_Baby

Asked by Avery_Baby at 12:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• http://www.babycenter.com/0_potty-training-readiness-checklist_4384.bc

Wait until they show all the signs of readiness first.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• This is what I did and my kids were trained in 3 days - I waited until they turned 3. Then go to the store with her and buy a lot of big girl underwear. Get all the characters that she loves. Wait until you have 3 full days to devote to this. Don't leave the house. The day before say "Tomorrow you will wear big girl underwear!!! Yay! We are so proud of you!!" The next morning put her in undies. Take her to the bathroom every half hour or so. Be very positive. Don't yell for accidents. See will have some. When she goes on the potty make a big fuss. You can put her in pull ups at night. That comes later. The next day should be much better. She will even be able to tell you when she has to go. But still take her every hour. The third day will be even better. My kids were trained by day 3. The important thing is to never go back to daytime diapers no matter what. Good luck!!!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Thank you I can not wait to start it....
    Avery_Baby

Comment by Avery_Baby (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I have the ebook...if you want it message me...
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My daughter is 3 and more than happy to PEE in the potty, but has no problem walking around with poo in her big girl panties. I can't get her to go number 2 on the potty to save my soul. This has been a long process though, so I think I'll try this 3 day thing soon. I intend to stop buying pullups within the week so she'll have no choice. It's time and she's very, very ready, just uncooperative. :)
    mommaserene

Answer by mommaserene at 4:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2010