SUV or Mini Van

I have been thinking of getting a crossover for a while now. I bought my Honda Odyssey when I thought we might have more children. It seats 8 people!! The pros are the automatic opening side doors and the captain's chairs in the middle for my kids, but it is a gas hog....So would you rather have a van or an SUV?

tonbookluvr

Asked by tonbookluvr at 12:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in

• I love my Odyssey, and would rather have it than anything else. My husband drives one for work, and I have one that's our family vehicle. I don't know what I would do without all that extra space in back for all of our sports gear, etc, and those remote sliding doors.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I love my Odyssey. It's soooo much roomier and more practical than any of the SUV's we looked at. Maybe when the kids are older, we'll switch up, but in my opinion, when you have younger kids, nothing beats the cupholders, sliding doors, storage spaces, etc in a mini-van.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• suv, but i'm thinking of getting a volkswagon jetta when i get a new car...i only have 2 kids lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• We have both. I like my mini van more. It feel less trucky, more like a car.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I used to have a minivan. I now have a Ford Taurus X. I love it!! It's All Wheel Drive and it seats 7, but the back seats fold up to give extra storage space.
    Too bad they dont make them anymore. :(
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• SUV. I will never own a mini van.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 12:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i would want a SUV..i never wanna drive a mini van..but thats just me
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I would go with an SUV, my last SUV was the mercedes Mclass with the extra row in the back and I loved it. If I were to ever convert to a larger car again it would definitely be an SUV. I really dont want to be the mom with the mini van. BUT as the years progress the looks of mini vans have as well so who know! I might end up owning a sleek stylish van one day
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I would personally prefer an SUV but I've seen some of the new vans they have come out with and I'm liking a few of them!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I am all SUV when I was a teen I wrecked my moms mini van and that partly scared me. Everytime I see a mini van (nothing against anyone) I just have not hit that point in my life even with two little ones in hockey.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 1:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2010