How often do you *really* clean your house?

I am real lazy with this post-baby (but I've never really did it all the time) so I usually only manage keep it pretty straightened up and spot clean when I can. Now that she's crawling, I am trying to sweep more, but hardwood and tile takes longer. I'm trying!!

LisaG10

Asked by LisaG10 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Daily. I have a household of 5, and we live in near the coast so we have sandy soil- It gets tracked even when everyone takes their shoes off. I understand the hard wood part though, you should get a steamer. Makes life SO much easier! 5 minutes and it is DONE, without chemicals.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I deep clean like spring clean my house once a week. And I clean it daily. I can't sit down comfortably without my house clean, its a genetic default I got from my grandma lol :0)

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I clean the whole house really good once a week, but then I spot clean the rest of the week.
    Chelsdavis

Answer by Chelsdavis at 12:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• we aren't very messy people, so "as needed" or weekly is all I need to really do. Depends what it is.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I'm a SAHM, so I clean the house daily. I mean, I don't clean the ENTIRE house daily, but I dedicate myself to a different room everyday so it's never too dirty. I do sweep and vacuum every single room every single day though. I do a DEEP clean on my house maybe twice a year.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I'm learning to clean more often. The kitchen, dining room and living room, every night. The rest of the house, about once a week. The kitchen floor-almost daily. It was hard to become this way. I really had to force myself to learn.
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 12:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I am still a work in progress, I am good at picking up and making it "look" tidy, but for real cleaning, I need to be completely alone and have hours to do it right. Twice a year I take time off and do a deep cleaning.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I clean up clutter daily. Once a week I sweep, mop and vacuum. I spot clean the bathrooms daily and once a month I give them a thorough cleaning. Each weekend I try to tackle a small project like going through books to re-sell or going through closets. Getting rid of stuff you don't need goes a long way to keeping the house neat.

I haven't done everything that needs to be done, though. Windows go unwashed and it sure isn't Martha Stewart, but my family always comes first.
    MammaG

Answer by MammaG at 8:33 AM on Feb. 13, 2011