When did you start feeling good after your C-section?

It'll be 2 weeks on Saturday and I'm definitely feeling better but still taking a pain killer every day. I'm just wondering when you started to feel normal again?

Also, anyone else suffer from gas pains afterwards?? I think that's the biggest problem I'm having -- a sharp pain on my lower left side. Ugh! If you did, how did you find relief from it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• like a week later, after I got out of the hospital I don't think I ever took a pain med for that. Maybe once or twice.

The biggest problem I had was takin a poo after. TMI I know, but It still sucked. That and getting out of a flat bed.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• With my son it was at least 4-5 weeks. I went though 32 hours of labor and 4 hours of pushing before the c-section and my entire body hurt. My hair hurt.
    With my daughter it was planned and I was up and about in about 2-3 weeks. I think I took the meds longer with number 2 than I needed to though because I was so afraid of the pain I had with the first one!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Ok I had 2 c-section already the first was very bad it hurt as hell but my second one was pretty easy I they gave me pain killers and they worked wounderful and yes I had gas pain constipation and well they gave me medicine for all of the above now I was taking dervocet for pain and as soon as I took it it was fine the other stuff just goes away with time and it took me almost 3 week to be ok and almost a month to be with no pain at all good luck I know it sucks but oh well
    krystal2010

Answer by krystal2010 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I started feeling like myself again about a week after i had DS....but i didnt take the pain meds that long...I only took the pain meds for the first 4 days that i was in the hospital.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• The gas is really normal. With my first c-section it took quite awhile before I felt normal. I had some serious complications and just didn't feel very well. With my 2nd I felt great within a couple of weeks, but I felt so good that I did way too much and ruptured my incision and couldn't drive for 3 months....so even if you start feeling better soon....please do what the doctor says!!!

Don't worry, you're normal, and you'll feel better soon. Congratulations on your new baby!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• omg the gas pain is HORRIBLE!!!!!!! if you still have it though 2 weeks later i might not be gas pain. the "gas pain" is actually air that gets in your body when they do the surgery and it should have dissipated by now, also the fact that it is in your abdomen and not your chest is concerning as well. I've had 3 sections, and each one was different. My first took forever because I was not is a healthy state of mind (ALOT of home issues) my second wasn't much better and my 3rd was a breeze. I didn't take the meds after I got out of the hospital bc I was afraid of hurting myself worse. (I'm one of those people that if I don't feel pain I am up doing EVERYTHING i shouldn't be, bc it needs to get done!) but on average it was about 3 weeks before I really felt better
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 2:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My 1st took longer, but my 2nd only took me about 2 weeks to get over - and I can't take pain medications (other than morphine) other than Tylenol so that was it.

Answer by missanc at 3:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I took the pain meds probably for the first week. I found that the more I move the better I feel. No heavy lifting or squatting, just moving around. It's perfectly normal to feel all sorts of funny things. Your organs are still busy moving back in place and learning to function properly again.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 9:06 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Oh yes, I also had some gas pains. Just your intestines learning to work without the baby putting pressure on them.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 9:07 AM on Oct. 14, 2010