What do you pack in your bag to take to the hospital?

So far I have a outfit to take her home in, clothes for my husband to change in, & comfortable clothes for me to go home in, but what else I feel like I'm missing a lot.

Chelsdavis

Asked by Chelsdavis at 12:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Something simple
    Babies clothes
    your gown,slippers,toothbrush,make up
    not to much,just enough to perk you up
    Camera-to take a picture of your excitement
    sparky1006

Answer by sparky1006 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• toothbrush
    hair brush
    nursing bra/ and nursing pads
    regular pads
    Full bottom underware
    Deoderant
    hair tie
    i think that should be everything lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Toiletries - Shampoo, Conditioner, Soap, Toothpaste, Floss, Deodorant... All that good stuff.
    Extra Pads - cause the ones at the hospital suck!
    Nursing products if you'll be nursing - nipple salve, breast pads & nursing bra
    Pacifier & Bottles if you'll be using them. The hospital will have some but if you're brand specific, take your own.
    Extra socks for you, DH & baby
    Books, games, whatever you need to keep you busy.
    Snacks for you and DH
    Ear plugs and eye masks for you and DH.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Pack like you are going overnight to a hotel. tooth brush, lotion, shampoo, mouth wash, extra undies...
    Lay some stuff out like extra pajama's and underwear for you and extra PJ's for the baby for DH to find easily if you end up with a longer than planned stay.
    Most hospitals will provide diapers wipes formula and pads for you.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Bring more clothes than you think you need (we were there 5 days and unprepared), extra pads for you, your own toiletries if you are picky...camera, cell phone and both of their CHARGERS, blankets for LO's ride home, and I'd suggest extra blanket/towel/head support for the first ride too. We had the built in infant head supporter on the car seat and it wasn't enough, and I had to stop on the way home and use a little hand towel (happened to have a bag of new towels in the back) to prop up the little noggin. Just telling you the things I wasn't too prepared for.
    wildsun

Answer by wildsun at 12:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• CARSEAT!!!!
    baskrox

Answer by baskrox at 1:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• You need to bring MORE clothes for the baby, your favorite outfits! This is a special occasion. We brought 6 outfits for our DD, and we needed every one! Everyone is coming to see the baby, take pictures, dont you and baby want to look ready?
    I had my own gown, my own robe, slippers, makeup (and yes I used it), face wash, toothbrush, shampoo and conditioner, hair ties, bobby pins, granny panties, your favorite lotion, soap, your diaper bag, a pen and a pad of paper (for tips you pick up at the hospital from the nurses or doctor), all of your medical stuff (insurance card, your ID, SO's ID), a small bag to put all the paperwork (we brought a messenger bag and that is where we put all the paperwork they gave us, It was a lot. And now that is where ALL her medical paperwork goes. All in one place), car seat, breast pads, paci's (if you are using them), CAMERA, BATTERIES, recieving blanket...I packed a lot and am glad I did.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2010