rash or chicken pox??

My 15 month old has what looks like pimples all over his body except his legs. My MIL says chicken pox and so does my neighbor but that's so rare these days. It can't be heat rash because they aren't clustered but scattered around even on his head and his little man parts. :(

I thought maybe an allergic reaction too. I have orkin coming out tomorrow to take care of a flea problem because I'm deathly allergic. I go into anaphylactic shock so cleaning the basement is hard i have to stop everytime i break out in hives but i have to. Do you think jamie could be like me??

what do you think? He goes to the dr here in bit

Smiley001

Asked by Smiley001 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Some have come open too like a pimple would...i never thought chicken pox cuz that's rare
    Smiley001

Comment by Smiley001 (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• It is very hard to diagnose chicken pox over the phone or on a computer. It would be best to call your child's pediatrician and see about getting him checked out. It's definitely a good idea to have him seen by a medical professional.
    Be certain to avoid aspirin products until the concern of chicken pox is past.
    Chicken pox will rupture, similar to that of a pimple. It is still an occurrence. Many kids get the illness before they are old enough to be vaccinated, or they haven't been vaccinated for a good reason.
    They tend to group in the warmer areas on the body, so the groin and armpits are definitely likely to have the blisters. Also, they will appear on the head. Some children have them in their mouths, etc., as well.
    Hope your little one feels better soon, whatever it is!
    6girlsrock

Answer by 6girlsrock at 1:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• He goes to the dr later this afternoon
    Smiley001

Comment by Smiley001 (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• rash maybe
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Like another poster said, it's hard to "diagnose" chicken pox without actually seeing it....however, one note: Chicken Pox is NOT rare at all....even kids who are vax'd against it can get it and it DOES go around a lot right around the beginning of a school season.

Good luck at the dr's!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 7:12 AM on Oct. 16, 2010