stomachaches from mtn dew?

I've been drinking sodas forever but it seems that after having my son, food is interacting differently. The past few months I've noticed that after having a mtn dew, sometime that day i will have horrendous stomach cramps. of course its less than labor (hah i only remember about a minute of that) but worse than normal cycle cramps. any ideas? i know its got tons of weird ingredients, but i'm not sure what would be causing this.

imanixon2

Asked by imanixon2 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Food & Drink

• could be from the yellow dye in it, you may have developed a caffeine sensitivity if you didn't have much during pregnancy.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My stomach messes up when I drink yellow drinks esp first thing in the am or late pm
    frogger200017

Answer by frogger200017 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Dunno. I am a diet mtn dew addict and have no problems. :)
    JBrummer

Answer by JBrummer at 1:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I have the same problem too! Maybe the caffeine in it i have no clue!!!!!!!!!
    pkraft1103

Answer by pkraft1103 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Are you sure it's the Mountain Dew doing this? After I had my son, I had really bad tummy cramps (not uterus, but like intestines and stuff), and I thought it was because I had some beer. It turned out I couldn't drink milk anymore for some reason. Tried that lactaid milk and still had problems, cut out all milk completely and I got better. It wasn't the beer, it was the milk. Go figure.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:44 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I CANNOT drink mtn dew... yet I drink coffee or a diet dr pepper every once in a while. I think it has some food coloring or something in it. All tummies are different tho.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Mt. Dew has never bothered me, but I have a friend that used to drink it and had terrible stomach cramps and stuff and she never put the two together until she stopped drinking them and her stomach didn't bother her anymore.
    Cindy404

Answer by Cindy404 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

•      I could NEVER drink dew!  I have to run to the bathroom after drinking it.  But, I can drink (and do) coffee all day long.  I was wondering did you have a c~setion b/c I know after my two I can't eat corn on the cob or cabbage any more.  I get pains like I'm in labor again.   

dntbgmeb4cofe

Answer by dntbgmeb4cofe at 4:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• thanks for the answers. it seems that days i dont drink it i have no problems and days i do, it hurts like hell. i'm not sure if caffeine is an issue, i drank it during pregnancy, a little. dunno, i'm fine with my caffeine free root beer anyways. thanks again.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• oh and no, i had a regular vaginal birth.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 30, 2008