Shopping online for clothes....a do or a don't?

I am not comfortable with my size right now and dread trying on clothes in a store. I usually end up ordering my clothes from places like Old Navy online. Most of the time it works out but some of the stuff looks hideous once it arrives.

tonbookluvr

Asked by tonbookluvr at 1:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Shopping

• Nobody knows what sizes you are trying on in the stores or really pays attention to what you have in your cart - relax and just get it done like anything else - we grocery shop and don't really care what others think of what we have in our carts !! I am more comfortable with my size right now than I have been in years - was up to 268 at one time and have lost 65 pounds in the last year . Still not supper comfortable, but nobody watches me try on the clothes, so I don't really care !! GL - let it go and go out and have fun !!!
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 11:03 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I like shopping on-line for clothes. Especially from stores like Old navy because of their easy return policy.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I never do...I hate having to send things back if they dont fit.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• When I lived in Germany, there wasn't much clothing options on post and some of the clothes off post were either over priced or just not my taste. I too, shopped online at Old Navy. Most of the clothes worked out but there were some that I had to ship back. Now that I am back in the States (and had a son), I generally don't buy clothes online because every brand fits me differently. I either try them on in the store or if I buy what I think will work and take it home to try on and return what doesn't.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I do most of my clothes shopping online. We are stationed overseas and the clothes in the economy are expensive, not to mention the terrible exchange rate right now.
    It takes about a week and a half for them to get here, if they dont fit another week and a half there and another week and a half back, so it gets pretty tiresome... By the time the purchase gets to me I forget what I bought
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• You have the whole world to choose from online (basically) so I go that route sometimes. If you aren't sure about a size or style, make sure you know the return policy of course, but it's not too terrible an ordeal really.
    wildsun

Answer by wildsun at 1:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• That is about the only way I shop now is online for myself and my girls. I shop True Religion, Gymboree, Gap and some other specialty stores for my girls, GAP, Miss Me, and The Buckle and True Religion for me.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 1:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• For me shopping online is a don't. Size vary so much from manufacturer to manufacturer, I have to try everything on.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Never have for myself, but have a few times for my son.
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 6:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I don't personally, because I don't fit into sizes correctly and it's really hard to tell whether something is true to size. I'd just prefer to shop in the store, even if it is a little uncomfortable.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:45 AM on Oct. 16, 2010