To Trick or Treat or not?

My neighborhood housing is having a costume party with hayrides and bobbing for apples, etc. on the 29th. There will also be vendors handing out goodies for the kids. I just don't know if I have the heart to go up and down every street with both kids since DH just left for Iraq....

tonbookluvr

Asked by tonbookluvr at 1:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• it would depends on the kids ages. If they are 4 and under I think the party would be fine and you can skip the trick or treating, but over that I would still take them trick or treating for their sake
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Think about how much it would mean for your kids... They are upset about their Daddy leaving too.... Plus it would be great for you to get out.... I'm sorry your dealing with this but you can do it!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Do it for the kids.
    wildsun

Answer by wildsun at 1:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Your kids may appreciate the normalcy of going ahead and doing the trick-or-treating... The party sounds like a lot of funto though!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• That party sounds like a lot of fun! Just think about how much fun the kids would have and how happy they'd be. And who knows, you may enjoy yourself too! Don't make them stay at home and do nothing just because your husband left. I'm sure your husband wouldn't want you to do that! Let them have fun!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think you should. It will be good for you and the kids and it will let your kids know that you can be sad that daddy is gone but you can have fun too. Maybe set a time to leave or they can go to so many houses. Also go over the rules with them that why they know that you expect good behavior from them. Good Luck!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• The children would probably love it and it might just help you to be out and around.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Of course do it... Your kids will love it and you'll have some fun too!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Go for the kids, I'm sure you all will enjoy it!!
    krise

Answer by krise at 1:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I'd go. It's about the KIDS.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2010