Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

horrible situation.

i had to call the cops on my soon to be ex husband and his gf because she was threatening me...saying things like wait until youre not pregnant anymore and such. and hes being a real jerk about the divorce and custody. he got really upset when i told him he wouldnt get overnights until around the time the baby starts on solid food. what can i do to get rid of some of this stress? i dont want to hurt the baby or for it to be affected by any of this. plz help.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

Answers (8)
  • Have you two tried mediation? Maybe that's worth a shot. As for his GF, it doesn't concern her at all and she needs to keep out of it. Sounds like she is just jealous.

    Answer by Christinemg0813 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

  • Do you have other kids? If not -- can you get a restraining order? Protective order? No contact. That's what I would do. Talk to your divorce lawyer.

    Answer by Serafyna at 1:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

  • this is the only child and when i called the police yesterday, they said i could get a protection order against him but not her. im not worried about him. shes legally insane and i dont trust her. theyve taken pictures of me in stores without me knowing and they seem to always be around my family when we or they go out. she also took my pictures and put them on her myspace page with some horrible stuff trying to get people to jump me.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

  • OMG Girl I would call the cops again and tell them what she is doing on myspace and taking pictures of you and tell them your scared for your life they have to do something for you Good luck

    Answer by tryingmom203 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

  • i did :( they said to contact myspace and that people can take pictures of whoever they want at any time unless its in their own home. i felt helpless when they said theres nothin i could do against her. my babys life is in her hands pretty much. i just started crying. they called my husband and told him they both need to leave me alone and its been documented and all but i dont want her near my baby. if he gets visitation, can i prevent her from being around since all this happened and shes legally insane? most likely hell just sign over all rights to me but hes playing with me now so idk what hell do.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

  • If you can document that she has been following you & the stuff on myspace - I would try for a restraining order anyway. The police are not a Judge or Magistrate and you might get a temporary one. Which is better than nothng. The worst thing the judge can say is no.

    Answer by lanckn at 1:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

  • Have you consider just disappearing? Take a nice vacation at the home of a 3rd cousin in another state. I know it is not the most realistic suggestion, but this sounds drastic to me.  I have cousins in about 7 different states and if I felt my life was in danger I would set up my own little witness protection agency. Of course you have work and a home with either a lease or a mortgage and probably at least one big mouth who would tell the whack-o where you went, not to mention insurance considerations... good luck sweetie... I hate to see anybody in a situation like that


    Answer by older_mom at 1:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

  • Keep a journal of all contact w/the ex and his gf with dates and times. I'd even talk to a lawyer. I don't understand why you can't get a protective order against the girlfriend.

    Answer by the.deadly.mrs at 3:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Pregnancy
21 weeks

Next question overall (Food & Drink)
stomachaches from mtn dew?