What is your best organizing trick with all the papers that enter your house?

donnareedonLSD

Asked by donnareedonLSD at 1:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

• First, recycle anything you can. Do it as it comes in the house. If you wait for it to pile up, you'll waste time handling the same junk over and over.

Nearly everything really does not need to be kept. Pay your bills online and you don't have to worry about losing them.

Have your child(ren) choose only the most sacred papers to save. Recycle the rest. Even better, if you have a scanner, you can save them electronically and recycle them.

Investing in a scanner can eliminate a lot of papers as well. Toss the unimportant junk, then scan the important stuff and recycle it all!
    MammaG

Answer by MammaG at 1:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i have a basket on the kitchen table i pile them in...if it gets full i go through it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I have a basket on the desk for incoming mail + keys, phone, etc. About once a month I take them upstairs and put away what I need to keep and toss what I don't. I have very little incoming mail though, so it's not a big problem for me. That just makes it less cluttery, and I know what is current
    wildsun

Answer by wildsun at 1:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• depends on the paper.
    some are trash immediately, some are recycled
    important stuff gets put into an inbox, kids masterpieces get hung up or put into a momento box we have.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• We finally got a file cabinet and now I can keep everything that needs to be kept organized. Plus we recycle junk mail immediately.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I put them in a big pile and forget about them. Then when the pile starts falling over I go through them and throw away whatever I can.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I try and sort things right away so they don't pile up. my husband wants to keep everything so sometimes I have to go through and just put stuff in recycling when he's not at home
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I use xambox to automatically file my paperwork. Whenever a member of the family comes home with papers, we just put it in our scanner, and xambox do the rest for us.

JohannaMcBeth

Answer by JohannaMcBeth at 2:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• JohannaMcBeth

Answer by JohannaMcBeth at 2:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Recycle right into the bin before you bring it into the house-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2010