ok has anyone had this? upper back pain that is constantly dull until you breathe in and then it gets sharp and it's not muscular

ok so this started in the middle of the night last night. it's my upper back and it's a constant dull pain and then when i take a deep breath its a sharp pain. i know it's not my kidney cause it's not my lower back and i had a kidney infection in december so i know where the pain would be. i'm going to the doc at 6 when dh get home but i'd like to have an idea before i go in. it's not the muscle cause i rubbed the area and it didn't irritate it. i'm thinking its an infection in or near my lung but i'm not sure at all. can anyone give me an idea? i'm only 20, non smoker, in shape, very healthy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Health

• I would get severe pain that would make it hard to breathe when I was having Gallbladder attacks from gall stones. It's just one possible answer
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• It is something with your lungs. Pleurisy, Infection perhaps?
    Rhondita

Answer by Rhondita at 1:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• yes I second the gallbladder attacks....Is the pain up between your shoulders/upper back?
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 1:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• no. it's on the left side and the gallbladder is on the right and it's also higher up. it's more in my ribcage and the gallbladder is below the ribcage
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• It sounds like you pulled something and having a back spasm. Get someone to rub it out or take some anti-inflammatory
    NanatoReanne

Answer by NanatoReanne at 1:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• it's not the muscle. i've been working out my entire life. i've pulled muscles and when you pull muscles they become irritated when you rub them and it doesn't. also pulled muscle pain goes away when you rest it. this is constant
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2010