Anyone have any information on Primerica?

A family member is now dealing with them and came over to my house to discuss life insurance, possibly changing over to them and dropping my current insurance. While the talk sounded good, I couldn't help but feeling like I was standing on the bottom of a pyramid scheme. Of course, I didn't commit to anything, and I'm sure not coming out of my pocket until I have researched this company (unless pocket lint counts as a payment). I need honest answers if anyone has dealt with them ,positive or negative. Are they legit? A pyramid?

69humblepie

Asked by 69humblepie at 1:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• ok as an independent life insurance agent, who almost got sucked in by them.... their insurance is (more times than not) way more expensive than other carriers. as for you family member, I know starting out that ur family member is making anywhere from 25%-50%, depending on if they have recruited anyone yet. They will start out at 25% and stay there until they recruit people.... now, with that being said, they can go independent, represent multiple carriers, and make anywhere from 70% to 115% with their choice of carriers. WITHOUT having to recruit people.

The ONLY way to move up within Primerica, is to recruit recruit recruit!!! Sure you sell their overpriced Term insurance, but they will even tell you at their training meetings you make more money by recruiting others and earning your override from your downline. any questions feel free to contact me!
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• @Tiffany - girl prepare yourself to many more phone calls from them! They advertise their "work from home" shadily! They post it as secretatial/admin work, get you to come to their biz opp meeting, don't really tell you too much about it, and then pressure pressure pressure you into signing up with them. and will bug you forever!!

Also, when going into their "client's" homes, they not only try to sell them a policy, but they try to pressure their 'client's' into joining them also. When ur a new agent w/ them, you are expected to set appt's with all of ur friends and family as "training". The agent gets no commission from those sales, and on top of that, once they are licensed they also normally don't have anyone else to go to, in their warm market.
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 8:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• If something doesn't feel right, it more than likely is wrong. Your gut is telling you something is wrong, it's always a damn good idea to find out what.

Personally, since it shows up on the internet search with the word "scam" and "warning" attached to it, I would have absolutely nothing to do with this company. Bad news.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 1:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I got a call from them a few months ago and they offered work at home and everything else that sounded so good, to get me there. Once I got there and they filled me in, It wasn't for me. Then about just 2 wks ago the same guy called and wanted to talk to my husband. I remembered him right away. Needless to say, we weren't interested! lol
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• they've been around..its "legit" for services, THe business end My understanding is...is EHHHH at best.

Every Company in Direct Sales, referrals etc is going to come up with Scam when searched b/c there is no laws preventing people form saying whatever they want on the internet..no matter how much or how little Merit they show.

If you are looking at it for service only ...maybe, if for a business I have a lot of folks in my biz now that have come from there, all b/c they never made more than like 20 bucks a month..
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• They are trying to sell me life insurance. I dunno. Just because it sounds good doesn't make it good. I don't like being pressured to become an agent either. You know that feeling you get when someone is trying too dang hard to convince you of something?That's the feeling I got. He didn't know enough about me to form the opinion that I would be a good person to work for their company. I don't like that, Shmoozing up to me. And since I'm not money hungry, I don't buy into the "look how much money you can make" type stuff.
    69humblepie

Comment by 69humblepie (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• They are like direct sales only for insurance.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2010