do you wear shoes in the house? do you make your guests do the same?

stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, we do not wear shoes in our home.

I lived in a few different Asian countries when I was young and travelling (peace corps, and other travels).. Both my husband and I are of South Asian descent. So not wearing shoes in the house is just normal and just "is" (lol) the way it is for us. We have a shoe rack at the door, and house slippers (and flip flops,.lol,, I have a friend that only wears flip flops..lol) at the door for those who wish to use them.

Also. We live in downtown Portland. We track all kinds of crap (literally and figuratively) around on our shoes. Since (again the whole "Asian" influence) we really do not have a whole lot of furniture, and have a more traditional type home with matts/cushions/pillows. ect on the floor, it would be really really gross if we walked around the house with our shoes on.. lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• OUr house is mainly tile, so I don't have an issue with ppl wearing there shoes in my house. Don't you dare try to put your shoes on my couch, I'll kick your ass.
    krise

Answer by krise at 1:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Nope, I rarely have shoes on any more... But I don't care if anyone else does.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My and my daughter kick off our shoes as soon as we get in the door! Im sitting at my desk right now without my shoes on. I drive also without my shoes. I would prefer if my guests took off their shoes on carpeting but dont want to be rude so I just let it slide.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• sometimes I do sometimes I don't... I tell my guests to do whatever makes them comfortable
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• never and actually i prefer when guests take their shoes off as well because it says "we are comfortable in your home and not in a hurry to leave"
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I have house shoes and outdoors shoes. The house shoes obviously never leave the house. I'd rather the guests not wear shoes, but I would have to supply them with slippers.
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 1:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• No shoes, please. thank you.
    snuggles2009

Answer by snuggles2009 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I always wear shoes. I'm just not comfortable without them. I don't care what my guests do.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I do not wear shoes in my house or anyone elses. I think that it is rude and although I won't tell someone to take their shoes off I hope that they do.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2010