Where should I apply? I NEED advise...mom to mom!

I am in school 2 days a week and I have a 20 month old baby. My DH is working one full time job and one part time job. He normally makes great money and I don't have to work but due to some recent events in another company my DH's company has seriously cut back hours temporarly.

I need to work about 20 hours a week to help out with the bills and get us through the holidays. Where should I apply?

I've applied at grocery stores but haven't been called back yet. I've been a SAHM for the last 20 months. Could that affect me getting a job?

What should I do? PLEASE HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Money & Work

• I’m taking registrations for several companies looking for telecommuters and ‘home workers’. You can work p/t or f/t for all the places I have listed. I’m also registered with all of the companies and know they are legitimate. I’ve even added a Certified Ebay drop shipper; you don’t buy the product until you’ve been paid, great for Ebay addicts like me! Please look at the Top 5 free ways to earn at home at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Apply EVERYWHERE. Restaurants, grocery stores, retail stores, daycares, anywhere that will take your application. Keep a mental note or write a list down of every single place you've applied to, along with their phone number.

Wait a few days.

Then call EVERY single place you've applied to and ask if the manager has reviewed your application. Be pushy and don't leave them alone. Think of how many people are applying for jobs right now. If you don't call back and remind the manager of who you are, you'll probably get thrown into a pile along with all the other applicants. You have to make yourself known in order to get a job in today's shitty market : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Have you concidered a Home based business? Or a WAH Job? I personally recommed you get yourself a home business... The income isn't high day one but grows on a regular basis. I love mine. There are also some great home JOBs that will give you a small but steady income which would be compairable to a resturant or grocery job... Take a look at Momportunity.com for a list of them. Also Check out ChaCha. I did it for a while, I only worked about 12 hours a week but I made a little over $300 a month... SO 20 hours a week could easily double that...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• It would be great if you could continue to be sahm. That is why I think you should consider a home based business in the wellness industry. These days employers are cutting back, laying off and just not hiring...perhaps you may find something but will not pay much and that means leaving your little for someone to take care of. I have a great business and has a functional product that helps with all sorts of ailments..People are just looking to be healthier these days and the business side is wonderful...8 ways of earning income...All these at part time hours 8-15 hrs. Visit my profile page and contact me any time.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Try a temp agency or part time at a day care where you can take your kids with you if you need to.
    Anonymous

• I make some extra money taking surveys. They don't try to charge me anything or ask for a credit card. If you want to try it you can email me at homelearnin@gmail.com or message me on AIM at homelearnin
    home_teachin

Answer by home_teachin at 10:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Thank you for your responces! I applied at Wal-Mart yesterday and got a call for an interview 2 hours later!! I'm going this evening to the interview. WISH ME LUCK!!
    Anonymous