Kids ears.

How often do you clean your kids ears, or do they do it on their own?

krise

Asked by krise at 1:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Every time they bathe... And no, not yet.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Every night after his bath....he is to young to do it by himself so either myself or DH do it.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• You aren't supposed to clean them actually. Not even with the big kid friendly q-tips. After all the trouble my daughter has gone through with surgery and such I will not be doing it any longer either. :( You can optionally blow dry their hair or around their ears (at a comfortable setting and not directly into the ear but at an angle where the air will enter the ear softly) to dry them.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I clean my about once a week. But what I mean by cleaning is that the doctor gave me this little tool thing the will only let me go so far and get any wax that is near the surface.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 1:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i do infrequently they aren't really waxy, but I do more when they are sick bc it can build up. My hubby cleans his ears daily and sticks q-tips in his ears and looks like Shrek so the kids try to mimic it to my disdain drives me BONKERS
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 2:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I've never done anything but washed their ears with a washcloth when I give them a bath.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• see first question
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• we they take bathes
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 12:51 AM on Oct. 14, 2010