How do you feel about gay people adopting babies?

Would you give your baby to a gay couple to adopt? With so few babies out there to adopt and so many couples that would love to adopt, do you think it's fair if a gay couple gets the baby over a heterosexual couple?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Adoption

• none of my business and doesn't affect me in my life in any way whatsoever
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't give my baby to anyone to adopt, but I have nothing against gay couples raising children. I'm pretty sure a lot of them are better parents than a lot of heterosexual couples.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• If I was giving up a child for adoption I dont see a problem with a gay couple adopting them. Just because they are gay dosnt mean that they wont be great parents. And yes it would be fair if a gay couple gets the baby over a hetrosexual couple. Its about who would take the best care of the child not who they are attracted to.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i can think of so many things wrong with this. first off the hetero couple is always chosen over the gay couple which i believe is wrong. gay people have all the right in the world to adopt. i'm sick of people thinking that homosexuality can be caught or taught. there are so many loving homosexual couples that would make great parents and they deserve to adopt
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Personally I don't think the gender of the parents (2 moms, 2 dads, a mom and dad) should be an issue. What is important and what should be the issues are would the child be raised in a loving home, would the parents be able to provide for the child, would they be good parents?
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• *IF* I were going to give a child up for adoption, the sexual orientation of the family I choose to give the baby too has nothing to do with it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I hope that in my lifetime people will stop asking these kinds of questions. I don't care if the couple is gay, pink, purple or green... loving and caring for the child is the important part.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 1:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i woud't give my baby but no i see no problem at all if they are fit to be parents and are going to love the child then why not
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Are they going to love the child? Are they going to protect the child from harm? Are they going to give the child everything they need to have a long healthy happy life? If so, then they are already 10 steps ahead of the parents who gave the child up in the first place... Homosexual couples have just as much right to have children and families as anyone else does!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Well I am not going to personally be putting any of my children up for adoption, but I see no problem in gays adopting children. There are TOO many children in the system in the United States. All I care about is if they can provide a safe, loving home.. I don't care about the sexual orientation.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2010