SALMON

what do you put on yours when you bake it or bbq it? I am making sockey salmon for dinner and want to switch it up a little. (Yes, where I live we are lucky to have nice fresh sockey salmon)

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Well either way the grill or oven. My hubby does the grill I do the oven. So here is what I do.
    Pre heat the oven to 450--
    Put the salmon on a pan that has foil on it
    butter the top of the fish
    salt and pepper is my favorite spice, hubby loves Paul Prudhome fish spice
    then turn the broiler place the fish on 6-8" away from the top.
    set the timer for 10-15 min until the fish is just about cooked.The fish should be raw on the bottom part at this time. Or slightly raw on the bottom.

butter the top again.

then turn the oven to 350 and let it cook for another ten minutes.

I use the cheap fake butter like country crock.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I put slivers of thinly sliced garlic and dill drizzled with olive oil and grilled. If I make it in a pan I drizzle it with a balsalmic rduction...so good :)
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• We just bake it with Lemon Juice and Lemon Pepper seasoning. We love it like that.
    bethanysmom1007

Answer by bethanysmom1007 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I usually throw it on the grill and slather on some BBQ sauce. It's a very rare dish for us though. *sigh* I have also wrapped it in foil with a little butter and your favorite spices (I just like salt and pepper, nothing fancy) and put it on the grill. It's been so long since I've actually done it I don't remember how long I left it on there.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• yes we usually put, salt, garlic powder & pepper also I have heard of spreading a lil' mayo on as well before baking....never have done bbq sauce i think it may be too much for the fish......oh ya and lemon slices too.
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• We love our BBQ sauce, lol.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2010