does anybody else have kids that faint, have migraines and/or unexplained vomiting?

just trying to connect with other parents. the fainting is technically called neurocardiological syncopy. my oldest has fainted 13 times is 8 years from it, and my 7 yo has been diagnosed with migraines, and has unexplained vomiting in the middle of the nite. although, i suspect he has a migraine at that time as well. my boys are healthy and active, play tackle and flag football, we just have to take a few extra precautions.

itzmyzoo

Asked by itzmyzoo at 1:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I have a little one that passes out. It is usually triggered by something she is 4 now and has passed out about 5 or 6 times. It can be brought on by the craziest of things such as a car driving by us while we are walking down the road.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Migraines can cause nausea and vomiting.
    Also, blood pressure issues can trigger these problems.
    It would be wise to talk to your child's pediatrician and go over the history of these symptoms. Document the events, along with making notes on the severity of each episode.
    I would suggest asking the doctor to get an ECG and a referral to a pediatric cardiologist, just to ensure that the children have no underlying cardiac conditions.
    Best of luck to you.
    6girlsrock

Answer by 6girlsrock at 1:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Oh, and my youngest has all three of those issues, though we haven't had a fainting episode in quite some time.
    6girlsrock

Answer by 6girlsrock at 1:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• my 7 yr old has the migraines and unexplained vomiting. her dr said she's lactose intolerant and this was causing her to vomit. the headaches have also been linked

tayanddyl

Answer by tayanddyl at 1:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• thanks, all!! yes, my fainter and my headacheguy have been checked out by cardio and neuro and no diffinitive answer. they have both been admitted into all childrens hospital for extensive testing. nadda!! we have found a few things, although i am sure not all, that trigger my fainter. dehyddration being at the top of the list. and it does not take much! he is required 64 oz of gatorade on top of normal water consuption. there have been several questions raised by the docs about his blood pressure, but it always seems to be normal. goofy guys never seems to faint when there is a cuff around!

i have found nothing in common with the headaches. tired, not tired. no food in common with headaches. stress, no stress. we do give him reglan when he has one come on, reduces the naseau and at least lets him sleep through the pain. he is luck, he fine in the AM! no lingering effects!
    itzmyzoo

Comment by itzmyzoo (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My son suffered from migraines and vomiting for a long time. They had him on meds and everything. I discovered on my own, it was red dye. As long as I did not give him anything with red dye in it, he was fine!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• no
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• my 8-year old has migraines with vomiting... we give him tylenol meltaways, put something cool on his forehead and keep him in a dark, quiet room where he sleeps it off...
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 6:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2010