How to Get a Sticker off a Shirt already Laundered

My DS LOVES his stickers and DH forgets to take them off upon putting the clothes in the laundry. is there anyway to get the sticker's residue off the shirt after it has been through the wash???

coolchic320

Asked by coolchic320 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Soak it in warm water. this will cause the paper to disolve in the water, then once the paper is gone, the glue should come off in the wash. The best product I have found for removing anything with adhesive is Un-Du adhesive remover. This product is usually found in the crafts and scrapbook section of discount stores or in scrapbook stores. Try Duct tape. Press the tape on firmly, rub your finger over it, and then pull it off very quickly. There is a product called "Goo Gone" that works fabulously on all sticker problems.
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I actually just did this -oops!- Wash the shirt a few more times and the stickiness will start to loosen... Then you can just pick it off...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I've heard great things about the Goo Gone and the Oops Be Gone. I believe they can be found at pretty much any hardware store.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Simple green works, so does goo gone.
    6girlsrock

Answer by 6girlsrock at 2:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2010