do you ever find this rude?

when somebody unexpected shows up to change the heat filters and check the furnace with out calling and telling you they are coming? Or even if it's somebody else? I get so angry this happened to me this morning there was no call to let me know they were stopping by to check my furnace or change filters I hadn't even had a shower yet and no bra on the house hadn't been picked up yet cuz I'd barely got my kids out the door to school..does it irritate you when people don't even have the common descency to call first before coming over so you have an opportunity to dress and have the house looking descent?

chica679

Asked by chica679 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If they weren't scheduled, I wouldn't let them in.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I rent so they have to call first
    chica679

Comment by chica679 (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My landlord did that once to take pictures of the bathroom. I found that to be very rude because I was still in my pajamas, no bra, the living room was messy and the bathtub still had the toys in it from last night. Yes, granted it is hypothetically his house, however it is ours while we are paying rent and he should have given notice before coming by. So yes, it irritated me. It was so very rude of him.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• By LAW the landlord has to give you 24 hour notice. Well in my state atleast. Id be a little peeved. I would deff call and say something.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I would ask them to wait outside till I and the house was to my liking. Their fault they didn't call.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• By law they must give written notice 48 hours ahead. They can't just walk in. I'd say something to the landlord.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I had this happen to me this morning. There is work being done downstairs and the guy who is doing it will just come over without calling me or my DH first. This morning I hadn't showered, I looked horrible and I didn't have a bra on. he didn't come upstairs so I just went up there and stayed out of his way. But I do think it is extremely rude when people do that.
    mac23

Answer by mac23 at 7:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I must admit, that never bothered me, but if it did I'd just ask them to call first next time.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2010