How far along is the right time to have a baby shower?!

sweet_krysti

Asked by sweet_krysti at 1:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• 3rd trimester is a good time.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I'd say at least a month or two before you're due. I'm having three, actually. One on Nov. 8th, one on Nov. 15th, and one on Nov. 22nd. I'll be 34, 35, and 36 weeks on those days. That's probably a little late to some people, but I've had a normal healthy pregnancy and I'm probably not going to deliver early.

But yeah, a month or two is probably best because you'll have enough time to set everything up just in case you go in early. But you don't want to do it TOO early, because then you'll have a bunch of baby crap sitting around that's useless until your baby comes. It's also good to do it a little early, so if you need to return anything you can do so and buy new stuff without too many hassles.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• everyones doing mine when im a lil over 6 months just to avoid the holidays and bad weather bc it snows here and also because my family has a history of having the baby before their shower. my aunt had her baby the day of and my cousin just had her baby in august, over a week before her shower date.
    Anonymous

• about 7 months
    older_mom

Answer by older_mom at 1:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• If you are going to find out the sex of the baby, I'd say any time after you know. That way people know what kind of stuff to buy. I had my shower when I was pregnant with my son about two months before he was born. I am having one this time about six weeks before my due date.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 3:16 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• i had mine at 7 months, but i wish i wouldve waited, cuz now i have a whole nursery full of everything ready for the baby, a whole closet full of clothes, everything, and no baby yet! i cant even go into the babys room cuz i hate waiting so bad. although there was an advantage to having it early, i had to drive a couple hours to go to it cuz i dont have any family here, and the doctor said im not supposed to travel late in the pregnancy! and especially now that its gonna be thanksgiving and christmas its kinda good to avoid that and do it early its really up to u!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2008