I have been praying that god help us to sell our doublewide so that we can build a new home on our land. Is this an appropriate thing to do? Are there any good prayers that I can pray for this?

I want to sell our doublewide and build on our land that we bought about 3 years or so ago. Is it ok that I ask god to help us make the right choices with this, help us find the right house to build, give us the help we need for we do not have the money to pay. Am I in the wrong??

determind

Asked by determind at 1:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• speak from your heart to God.
    Anonymous

• No, you're not in the wrong...there is no such thing as wrong prayers...

Just be open to ALL possible answers, especially those that may not be the exact answer that you are looking for. Remember God is our Father and a Good parent!! Like all good parents He give us what we need, and tell us "no" because that is what's best for us right now...even though like children we don't like to hear "no". LOL (Hope that makes sense)
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 1:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• God knows your desires, and He knows your needs. He may say yes; He may say no, but you have to be content with whatever He says. I don't believe you're wrong to pray as you do. Just understand that He will give you your needs before He will give you your desires...
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• The bible said whatever you ask you shall resieve in Jesus name. BELIEVE AND IT WILL BE DONE. ALL YOU GOT TO DO IS SPEAK IT don't have any doubt or worrie.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I agree with the ladies, also please note that 98% of all prayers where selfless. so ask God for what you need then do everything humanly possible to make it happen as well, the rest is on God.
    sdgd21

Answer by sdgd21 at 2:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• the bible says that every good and perfect thing comes from God. so he is a good God, and wants to promote you. there is nothing wrong with you asking God to move in your life. that is where faith comes in. your asking Him because you have faith that He is good for His word. good for you for asking this question, instead of just assuming its wrong, and feeling helpless in this.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 3:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Last I heard..you are able to pray to God about anything you want. You are of his creation and he wants you to cry out to him in times of need and happiness. God is good!
    Anonymous

• Bury a small plastic statue of St. Joseph in your yard. Does this work? I have no idea. But it is a very common legend.
    http://www.snopes.com/luck/stjoseph.asp
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• It's never wrong to speak to God about anything that is concerning you. Obviously God already knows what's in your heart but it helps US to speak about them. I like PUSH, Pray Until Something Happens. Also, remember to be grateful for God helping you get a quick sale. Gratitude really does help move things along quicker.

Good luck!!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 6:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Heavenly Father wants you to be happy. Go ahead and pray. Here is how I was taught. Start with "Dear Heavenly Father", thank him for the blessings in your life then humbly ask for the things you want, end with "in the name of Jesus Chirst, Amen"
    Anonymous