Does anyone else S.O. say IDK like it's an actual answer to a question?

OMG! My boyfriend answer just about every question with IDK (I don't know) or IDC (I don't care). It's starting to drive me nuts. Has anyone else had this problem, and how do you fix it?

I've already talked to him about it and he says sorry and he'll try to not do it as much but still does.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• OMG! Yes he does!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Lol, one way I fixed it when it came to "What do you want to eat?" was to let the kids choose everytime he said that. He hated it bc they always wanted the same stuff, lol.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• yeah my husband does this a lot so if i ask him a question and he gives me a none response then i made the ultimate decision and if he likes it yeah if not too bad...thats the whole point of me asking...lol

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 2:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• lol....im the one that tells that to DH more then he says it to me....unless i ask what he wants for dinner lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• there are worse things he can do just try to ignore it. It is also a lot quicker just to do IDK.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• lol it's the other way around with us I am the one who always answers with IDK or IDC he will ask what do u want to have for dinner... I say IDC or do u wanna go see a movie I'm like whatever IDC
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• yes it's funny to me and i dont mind he does not do it all the time he just caught on from me saying it and now sometimes it just comes out his mouth I was the one driving him crazy saying it
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 2:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• whenever i ask my husbands opinion he says do whatever you want
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• DH does that as well. He always leaves it up to me, which is a lose/lose situation in this house sometimes. He doesn't want me to be mad at him if he gives the wrong answer. (which is silly, because I'm asking for an opinion most often. Opinions aren't right or wrong, they're just belief). Anyhow and I think that's a cop out, because he's just looking not to be the bad guy. If it's "Where to eat", "Should we get two of these?" or even "What to watch?" He says "I don't know". He's even answered some serious questions with "I dont' know" when we were going through some rough times. WRONG! You don't answer serious questions with that. Ever. And it's always a cop out, because he doesn't want to give a real answer that might be wrong. Grrrr!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:48 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• that was me last night. DH wanted to know where the TV controls were-
    'I don't know'
    'you were the last ones to have them!'
    'I'm sure I was, but I still don't know where they are! '
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2010