Do you think it's wrong that I want to have fun?

Sometimes I want to have a ladies night out with my friends, my kids don't live with me, so it's not like i have to worry about finding a babysitter, i get my kids every other weekend, and I never plan to go out on those weekends, i cherish my time with my babies, but I still like to party and have fun with my girls going to the clubs and what not when we all have some free time and no kids, but my SO is ten yrs older than me and doesn't seem to like the whole club scene and he don't like going out with me but he won't just let me go alone either, i love him going with me, i would rather him go, but when I ask hey do u wanna go to the club this weekend he just sits there and ignores the question and then it makes me feel guilty for wanting to go

patsymay84

Asked by patsymay84 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I think if you only have your kids everyother weekend then you should spend that time with them. JMO
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• The whole idea of a relationship is to do things together, I can understand why your SO is not thrilled, maybe you can come up with a compromise of sorts.

Answer by older at 2:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i do spend time with them, when i have my kids we have family outings and such i NEVER plan nething away from home when my kids are here
    patsymay84

Comment by patsymay84 (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Nothing wrong with that. Try making him a deal. If he goes out with you on the weekend, then you will do something with him of his choosing.(that you may not care for). Maybe try a lower key kind of club, with places to sit, or do darts, pool, or whatever.
    1nglmom3

Answer by 1nglmom3 at 2:24 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• we go to the movies and stuff also but I had 2 kids at 16 and never got to experience life and I feel that's the stage I am in right now but him... not so much he is 35 yrs old and wants to stay in... but me on the other hand i hate being cooped up in a house all day.. i love the night life
    patsymay84

Comment by patsymay84 (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I will keep my comments to myself. They wouldnt be harsh but they wouldnt be cherry !
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I am not a big clubber or drinker, but sometimes I do like to spend time just with my girlfriends. DH isn't crazy about it, but he doesn't veto it either.
    tonbookluvr

Answer by tonbookluvr at 2:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• u can be harsh everyone is entitled to their own opinion
    patsymay84

Comment by patsymay84 (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• You need to find other things that you can do with your S/O that he will enjoy. You are being a little bit selfish by only trying to include him in something he clearly doesn't enjoy. I'm not saying never go out to the club, you should when you can. However, you should also go out to a nice dinner, even with a group of friends, or another event that your S/O would enjoy. Bowling, put-put, a nice dinner, a movie, something else that might attract his interest. Not everyone is into the club scene, but the beauty of it is that's not the only option out there. Even a simple bar would be a suggestion if the club isn't his scene.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• we do go to dinner as a couple and with friends, we go bowling as a couple with friends and with our kids, we have movie night all the time, I am not saying clubbing is the only thing i do what I am simply stating is he seems to never want to go regardless, I always do things with him
    patsymay84

Comment by patsymay84 (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2010