How is Verizon's service?

We are moving out of state in December, and our Tmobile contract will be up just before that. We cannot renew that contract because they don't have coverage where we are moving to....so we were thinking about Verizon. Anyone have any good or bad experiences with them? THANKS!

tytysgirl

Asked by tytysgirl at 1:39 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Shopping

• only bad experience I had was when a new radio station was put in a mile or 2 from my house, my cell phone did not work as a phone..people would call and just hear the music they were playing, if I dialed out, it wouldn't connect, I just heard music. LOL they did fix it though!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I haven't had any problems and I have been with them for 6 years now.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I had Verizon for many years. Their service is just fine... however, remember with cell phone coverage, it is important to check on what kind of coverage they have in the particular area where you will be going. Not all places have the same amount of towers for every cell phone provider. Otherwise, I never had any problems with them.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I have verizon and I haven't had any real problems with it! Most of my family has it which is why I got it, I can talk to them for free! Give it a shot
    Dabugg698

Answer by Dabugg698 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I've been with Verizon for 5 years and I've been very happy with them.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 3:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I don't know where you're moving to... I had ATT/Cingular and HATED them. (We live in Dallas Fort Worth) Every time I would drive around my phone would switch towers and drop the call... and I got zero reception inside my house. It was really frustrating. We switched to Verizon about two years ago and I don't seem to have that issue.. but I do feel a little like there is a weird delay when I talk on the phone. Like... I talk over people accidentally more often? I don't know how to explain it. Between the two I prefer Verizon. Fair warning - Verizon charges for incoming and outgoing text messages, I don't know if Tmobile does that. Our old ATT plan didn't charge you for incoming messages since you had no control over those.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 4:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Thanks guys. I hate text messaging. I will have them blocked from the get go. None of my family has Verizon, but I will also be getting a house phone, so I'm more worried about long distance and being able to talk to my honey on the cell. Apparently Verizon works off 3 towers, instead of 1, that most other companies work off, so I guess that's a plus! Thanks for the feedback! I will take it all into consideration!
    tytysgirl

Answer by tytysgirl at 4:44 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I LOVE Verizon. I dont care for the pay as you go service, but if you get on a contract they are GREAT!!!!
    EmilyRoseLovett

Answer by EmilyRoseLovett at 5:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Ya, I will be getting a 2 year contract. The coverage map showed great service where we will be, so I hope it's right!
    tytysgirl

Answer by tytysgirl at 6:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• LOL:) My husband works for Verizon...and we have T-mobile service. =S
    He hates them. They are not as willing to help with issues as t-mo is. I would think I would find a differnt carrier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Oct. 28, 2008