When you email a teacher do they reply?

My son is in kindergarten and when I send the teacher an Email she has never once replied to it. This really bugs me!

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 2:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes most of the time. My sons 1st grade teacher didn't, I wrote her a note instead she got it and did what it asked but never replied to even that.. My dd's teacher 5th grade always does and normally that same day.
    krise

Answer by krise at 2:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Then don't do it anymore. Some teachers might not check. Send her a written note. Usually my kid's teachers respond to e-mails, but we had one who didn't.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Always. If I email them on a school day, they usually reply the same day. My daughter's teacher this year actually told me email is the best way to reach her.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Check to make sure you have the correct e-mail address. Some teachers don't use their school e-mail address.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• At the beginning of the year she said to Email her or call her at school or at home. I have called her at home and she talks forever, lol, which is fine for her but for me I'm not a phone person. I never trust my son to get a note to the teacher...
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• We have a folder that goes in to school and home every day. The teacher checks everyone's folder daily, I check it at night. Don't you have something like that in your school? That's where we put forms, lunch money, notes, etc...
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• always, but we are on a military post and communication is vital!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Yes, my children's teachers usually send a reply email that day or the next-- depending on when mine was sent and when they check email.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• my son's teachers always... I e-mailed my dd's new kinder teacher and she did not respond... but it was a general Hi, welcome to kinder. I plan on e-mailing her again with specific questions this week.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 4:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• How are you sending the e-mail? Are you typing in the address, or sending it via a contact form from a web page? Sometimes there can be issues of SPAM, and the teacher may not get the e-mail.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2010