question

Is their anyway to make ur water break faster or all the examples like sex,pineapple juice,nipple stimulation just ways to make you have contractions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Most docs will say not to do the nipple stimulation. They say a lot of walking can help and sex.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Not really. Some people will tell you "Doing this worked for me/my sister/my neighbor" but none of them are really proven. Now, that being said, some doctors will agree that nipple stimulation or sex can start up contractions in the uterus, but if your body isn't ready to go into labor then the contractions won't continue. Babies come when they want to.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 1:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• i cant say anything to get you into labor but once youve started contracting if you rock your hips back and forth in every direction it speeds up the labor... my labor with my first son was only 6 hours long from first contraction to holding him in my arms... and... it was only one push.... and he was out.... but this worked for me... and everyones body is different...
    reipea0807

Answer by reipea0807 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• You don't want your water to break before you start labor.
    older_mom

Answer by older_mom at 1:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I agree with older mom!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• People will say this and that worked for them or a friend or family member....they aren't proven! In fact I watched a show on Discovery Channel that said they are all myths. If they "work" it is just a coincidence. You can be in labor for a while before your water breaks. My doctor had to break my water for me. More often than not, a womans water gets broken by her doc.
    krockwell

Answer by krockwell at 2:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• if u start contractions, it doesnt matter if ur water breaks or not, u r in labor. a lot of women their water doesnt break until they go into the hospital... but contractions start when they want to
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 3:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2008