Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

I have a friend with a big problem and I don't know what to say or how to help her she wants my advice...

so last nite my best friend called and asked me for advice on what to do with her relationship. she married a person who was illegal and not a citizen until 2 yrs ago he got his green card promising he would work and help her out as soon as he got it he's been trying to make computer programs but failing at every turn she's the only one who is working . Recently she had a severe injury to her back that requires surgery and she's still working due to not having any kind of finances if she quits she has no ins. He won't work just any job because he feels he's too overqualified. He's just plain lazy. She can't leave him because he threatened he would call the immigration and make her support him even if she can she get out from under this anyone have any idea or been in the situation with immigration?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (5)
  • hell, i'd call immigration myself and find out what my options are. he was the one who was here illegally, after all. i think he is taking advantage of her ignorance about immigration law and of course taking advantage of her financially as well. i am sorry, mama. it's a tough situation. good luck!

    Answer by angelenia at 2:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

  • Tell her to call his bluff and leave his butt....he doesn't have that kind of power....

    Answer by Anna92464 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

  • Tell her to never let a mans threats keep her in a bad relationship. Most of the time they are empty threats anyway. If he is threatening her at all she needs to get out!!!!

    Answer by momof4crzykidos at 2:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

  • Tell her to ask him if she should dial the number for him because he's just to lazy and might need help...He is trying to bullshit her and she needs to stand up to him and show him he is nothing

    Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

  • If she signed the affidavit of support in order for him to get the card, she's legally obligated to support him.

    Answer by Nanixh at 3:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.