God Knows All, Part II

If you knew that one of your children would be born, live a long life and have to suffer like no one has ever suffered before, only to die an excruciating death, would you still get pregnant? Get my point?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes! Because the death of the one saved us all-what an honor to carry someone who would be WILLING to sacrifice EVERYTHING for people who hated him and still do. What amazing love and an amazing gift!
    queen_tut

Answer by queen_tut at 12:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Honestly, the point I get is that you probably don't believe in any God, much less one that is loving. I understand how it may seem rediculous that some people do, especially in light of your question. Oh well, chalk it up to different experiences, different needs, priorities, whatever accounts for it. I wouldn't frustrate myself though, trying to convince someone of how silly you think they are for believing. Just like I don't have a "good" answer off the top of my head. I do respect your position and I think you have a valid question.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 1:43 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Yup.. If God decided to do that to anyone it's part of God's plan. Who is anyone to take away anyone elses free will?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I know you're talking about Mary & Jesus... but personally, No. If I was already pregnant, I wouldn't terminate... but if I could know ahead of time that this would occur, I would not get pregnant.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Hahaha if you are talking about Mary and Jesus, well you know what God is the one who demanded the sacrifice. Personally no I wouldn't get pregnant knowing it would be that way. But Mary had no choice she got knocked up anyway. And Joseph had nothing to do with it. I'd be pretty pissed if I were him. Isn't it adultery to knock up someone else's wife?? Anyways, maybe I missed the point.I couldn't do that to my baby, so I would not get pregnant.
    Anonymous

• who says it has to happen that way? some gypsy fortune teller? ever wonder hwat would have happened had judas been loyal? its called free will. nothing is predestined.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• For the ones who think that I do not believe in God,you are wrong. I do believe in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. This is just a question that I can not seem to get an answer for. I know we have free will. Are you saying that God does not know (BEFORE WE ARE BORN) if we will spend eternity with Him in Heaven, or if we will spend eternity in Hell? If God loves us more than we love our children, (I would not let my child go to hell) and if He knows where we will spend eternity, how could He allow some to live, only to go to Hell?
    Anonymous

• To Patrina1981---How can you tell me that it is disrespectful to have a legit question? How else am I to "present" my question? Forgive me, and I forgive you for judging me.
    Anonymous

• I agree with crazysocks830. If I knew ahead of time that my child would face this, I would do everything in my power to not get preggo... including tying my tubes. If I was preggo and I found out my child had a chance at going through what you're describing, no... I wouldn't terminate. Not only because I already made the mistake of aborting once, but also because Dr's aren't always right.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 9:13 AM on Jul. 9, 2008