Any pointers on a good Chihuahua books for training/ tricks for a kid ?

I have looked all over amazon and I just can't decide I keep reading the reviews, and I was just wondering if any of you ladies had a some helpful hints.
The dog is already crate trained, house broke, and does not run off, leash broke, and just needs help to stop the yapping at guests, and learning how "obey". SIT, DOWN, UP, etc.

1nglmom3

Asked by 1nglmom3 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Pets

• We took a really great puppy training class at Petsmart. I went with the kids. We had a ball. They even had a graduation at the end. We learned a bunch of tricks like sit, come, lie down, stay, etc... The kids were so proud of their puppy. I recommend it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Look up clicker training. I have found that to be the best training method especially for tricks. There are two videos out there called take a bow...wow 1 and 2. This was done by sherri lippman and Virginia Broitmen. I used to work work with Sherri and her dogs and was able to teach my own dogs many tricks with this method
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• well no petsmart where i live, not for a few hours a way at least. I will look that up thank you. Would it be easy to follow (with help of course) for an 8 year old?
    1nglmom3

Comment by 1nglmom3 (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I took the Petsmart class with my 4 and 6 year olds. I had to be there, but it was geared for families. An 8 year old would love it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:27 AM on Oct. 14, 2010