Do you ever get this?

Is occasional vaginal itching normal or does it always mean yeast infection??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Health

• No.. it does not always mean its a yeast infection. There are other causes.. Something to keep in mind that alot of people do not consider is.. it could always be as simple as an allergic reaction to the type of detergent you are using, or the soap you are using.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• No not always is itching a bad thing but keep an eye on it.....CRAP right now before I even read this....My punanny is itching!!! Sorry...hahahahahaha
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• lol
    Anonymous

• No it doesn't always mean a yeast infection. I had an allergic reaction to a brand of KY my boyfriend and I used once...we were both itching for DAYS, it was so annoying and uncomfortable. Also, if you shave down there, it's very normal to itch when the hair starts growing back. There would be many other indicators of a yeast infection if you had one =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• And remember to wear breathable COTTON panties...All the synthetic fibers womens undies are made form these days are not good for the hooha. Wearing a fancy pair every once in a while is cool but the best thing for the health of your "down there" area is cotton panties. They allow everything to breathe and lets moisture pass. I know it sounds gross but well ventilated parts can do wonders to prevent YI's and the like.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 1:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• lololol, punanny and hooha. I have been around awhile and those are new to me. PUNANNY,lol, thats a good one.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• kootchy??
    Anonymous

• Haha...I got that PUNANNY from my daughter...sometimes she is so gross!!!
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• just be careful when you itch down there and scratch it cause i did and i ended up getting a really bad infection. i think the medicine i was using for something different irritated me, and at night while i was sleeping i guess i scratched myself so bad i cut myself with my nails, well it got infected from me scratching it. it didn't help that i had a bladder infection and a urinary track infection.

Anonymous

• Sometimes it can mean a bacterial infection that mimics a yeast infection. I had UNBEARBLE itching down there for about 2 months. I tried all of the OTC treatments (couldnt afford a doc). I just kept using the anti itch cream..helped a LITTLE bit and it went away for like two months and now its back with a vengence. Had it for about two weeks now. Its driving me insane. It wakes me up when I actually do fall asleep and is so unbearable it puts me in tears. I just cant figure out what could be causing it.
    EmilyRoseLovett

Answer by EmilyRoseLovett at 5:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2008