Do you wear an apron?

What are the best features of your apron? What would make a great apron? Waterproof, more pockets, reinforcements, etc.?

donnareedonLSD

Asked by donnareedonLSD at 2:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

• no I dont but i did sew my very first apron recently and it has a lot of pockets on it
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 2:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I would never wear one! Too June Cleaver for me. My MIL bought me one once. I was offended and threw it away!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I do when I'm baking from scratch and have a bad habit of almost wearing more flour than the recipe calls for. Its a great apron because it ties in the back (I tend to sample my wares a bit much) and goes over my boobs without being to tight. It also has pockets to put my rings in when I knead the dough.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Yes, because I almost always splatter something! I wear the kind that tie behind the neck. Just as long as it has a wide bib I am happy. No need for pockets or to be waterproof. IMO
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I love my apron. I got it from IKEA. I love the pockets and it's cute. I keep it hanging on a hook in my kitchen and I wear it to protect my clothes for more than just cooking
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Yes, I love aprons....I have the kind that I tie around my neck and waist....I like them to have big pockets and cover my clothing...thick denim cotton are my favorites..
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• The only reason I haven't been wearing one is because my kids keep stealing it. Haha :) I think stain resistant would be better than water resistant, I prefer just a few large pockets.
    .kk.

Answer by .kk. at 2:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• NO never have used one....don't see the point...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 2:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I have 2.
    One is a cute green fabric with ladybugs. It's a bib apron with a big pocket on each side. It's reversible, and my mil made it. I wear it when I bake, cook, or do major housework and I want to keep my clothes nice. It's great for wiping off little faces, too!

The other one my great aunt gave me when I turned 18. It is a classic wrap around waist, black and white checked, with red and black hand embroidery all over it. It has 2 side pockets, and I use it when I'm hostessing or serving a nice meal.
    6girlsrock

Answer by 6girlsrock at 2:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Yes I wear one. Especially since I cook all meals from scratch. I would like durability. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2010