do you ever find it hard?

to give both ur children the same amount of attention? i have to admit i give my dd more attention i always wanted a girl and when i got her i was so happy. but my son is my world and i dnt kno wat i would do w/o him ya know? its hard to explain but my baby daddy is the same way but with my son he told me that he just doesnt feel the same towards our daugther as our son. is this wrong? or am i the only mom goin thru this?

Tiffany_Rivera_

Asked by Tiffany_Rivera_ at 2:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• How you feel and how you treat your kids are to different things.. Never show your kids you favor one over the other. Give them both equal time and attention. And the same rules. My parent favored my brothers over me. I knew this from a early age.

Answer by louise2 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I feel more connected to my younger daughter than my older one, only because the little one is a carbon copy of me. My older daughter has a temperament I'm not as familiar with, so I feel like we're always learning about each other. But I strive very hard to give them equal attention because I think that's really important. I love them both dearly, and I want to make sure they both know that.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I have three kids... my oldest is a lot like me and I find him easy to relate to, and my youngest is a lot like me and I find her easy to relate to. My middle one is a lot like her dad... and I just don't understand her! I also find some ages/stages easier than others, so that changes over time and makes me enjoy time with the kids more or less... but it changes over time. Whereas my middle child was an easy baby, she was a hellion of a toddler... whereas my oldest was a difficult baby he is a great school-age kid. I do think you want to be careful to treat them equally and make equal time... you can't necessarily change your feeling, but time spent is not a feeling, it's a decision. And you may find more in common as you spend more time with the other child as well.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• no, all 5 are equally loved and equal attention, unless one is sick
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i think i have different likes about all of them , like my teens make me laugh,, my babies still need me there all about hugs and kisses still. i do feel i love them the same...

kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 12:46 AM on Oct. 14, 2010