Anyone given birth in an army hospital!? army wives...

hello! Im an army wife, and this is me and y husbands first child. im 37 weeks, i can have this baby anytime now!! And, unfortunately my last appointment I forgot to ask what do they provide for the baby!? I thought all hospitals provided everything for the stay for the baby including the diapers. A friend of mine "heard from a friend of hers" that they dont include those.. anyways I have an apt in about 7 days I will ask, but i was wondering if anyone knew from experience from your hospital!? thanks ladies.

Armywifelovely

Asked by Armywifelovely at 3:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had my 2nd baby at Evans Army at Ft Carson and they provided everything like that. I loved my experience there and wish all my babies were Army hospital babies :)
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Most hospitals, military or civilian, provide everything you'll need- diapers, blankets, hats, shirts, etc. Do you have any other AD or dependent women around who have delivered where you are? It's worth asking around. I know there were always TONS of babies when I was AD, so I'm sure you can find someone to ask. =) Are you in base housing or living in town? If you're in base housing, you should have a neighbor somewhere who's delivered there.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• All 3 of my girls were born in military hospitals and with all 3 they provided everything from diapers, blankets, hats, shirts, to formula (if you decide to go that route). They may even give you a small supply of diapers and formula to hold you over for a couple of days at home but it depends on what post you're at. Good luck and congrats!!
    tough_mom_of_3

Answer by tough_mom_of_3 at 9:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2010