PLEASE HELP.......

So two days ago my 2 year old son woke up and his eye was a little swollen (not bad) so i thought allergies, later that day we went to my grandparents house and he was fine and even acting himself, when we left his eye looked fine, when we got home (20mins) later his lower eyelid was sooooo swollen so we took him to the ER, they told me that he was having some allergies and gave him benydrl so i gave it to him until it went down and now today my husband was on lunch and we went to grab something to eat and he fell asleep on the way home and when i brought him in the house and laid him on his bed the upper part of the same eyelid was swollen, i called the doctor and they said give him more benydrl cuz its probably allergies, anyone have any idea what could cause this??? he was also sick for a while with a runny nose and such before this happened

xashxleex87

Asked by xashxleex87 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Kids' Health

• sounds like something in the house is irrateting him.... idk maybe ask for an allergy test
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 3:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Definitely allergies. Things like that happened to me as a kid. Did he eat something different?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Is it only happening when you bring him into the house, or into his room? If so then you need to get someone out there to check it out ASAP.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• we had just left my grandparents house when it happened the first time and this time we were in the car....
    xashxleex87

Comment by xashxleex87 (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My LO got an infection in his eye due to a cold and they gave him an anti-biotic ointment and it cleared up within a day. Good luck
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i wish i could attach a photo so you guys could see it....

xashxleex87

Comment by xashxleex87 (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• poor guy! Can you have him checked to see what exactly he's allergic to?
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Have you changed your perfume or anything different in your car? Even an air freshener could be doing it.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Definitely sounds like an allergy to me. I'd have him allergy tested. Also, make a list of anything you may have changed in your house lately (perfume, cleaners, laundry detergent, etc.).....remove those items, go back to the old items you may have used, and see what happens. Good luck!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 7:10 AM on Oct. 16, 2010