A glass of wine while pregnant?

Is it safe to have a glass of wine while pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They say it is, but I never did.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• just a little glass is fine but becareful u could get acid reflex bad! lol I got that and it sucked
    skin172

Answer by skin172 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I didn't drink a drop with my first and right before I went into labor my mom convinced me it would relax me and help everything along, I drank half but felt guilty lol. Binge drinking, from what I understand, is what causes fetal alcohol syndrome. I wouldn't worry about a glass.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• They say a glass of red wine is. but I never have and won't. I do not want to chance that is the one time the brain is developing.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I only had a glass of champagne on New Year's because my doctor told me that it was okay. That was the only time I had any alcohol. I was about 6 months or so pregnant at the time. I don't drink alcoholic beverages while pregnant because I had a younger brother with birth defects due to my mother's drinking while she was pregnant with him.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 3:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I've read that it is, but there's no reason to take that risk when you can buy non-alcoholic wine, beer, and sparkling cider IMO.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think it depends how far along you are. I believe you are safe in the last trimester.
    _muffin_

Answer by _muffin_ at 3:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• People told me that even a beer, or one cocktail was ok during pregnancy. But why risk it? I never could bring myself to do that...
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2010