I know I should be appreciative, but...(sorry so long)

I can't help but be mad. My step-mom and step-sister are giving me a shower in a couple weeks and they didn't bother to put where I was registered on the invitations that were sent out!! My step-sister had a baby in July and they included the two different places where SHE had registered . I'm pissed because I don't want to get a bunch of stuff that I DIDN"T EVEN WANT! I know I will end up getting a bunch of onesies and clothes, when I NEED things like bottles and a wipe warmer! I asked my step-mom about it and she made up something stupid, like they forgot to do it. What would you do? It's too late because the invites are already out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Maybe she truly did forget, and if you get something you don't need or want just exchange it.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• just dont worry about it. im sure you'll get evrything u need. and if somone asks u before the shower tell them a wipe warmer. or hint to ur step fam that u need a wipe warmer.. and im sure u'll get bottles everyone gets bottles at a shower.. so just sit back and enjoy you'll be okay...
    Anonymous

• Ask her to call the guest list and request that people include a gift receipt with thir presents. I know at 11 months pregnant (lol) the last thign you're going ot want to do is return things but the upside is, that most places will give you a gift card that you can use at your leisure. Return or exchange the things you did'nt want. OR you can ask your SM to call the folks on the guest list and make mention of "oops I made a mistake this is where (your name here) is registered" or have her notify a few people of some "must have" items.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• ummm... its easy to get upset about stuff like that.... and it doesnt make it any easier when its the in-laws.... whenit comes to our babies we want everything to be perfect... including the shower.... but look at the positive... you can exchange the items you dont want or need... and all you have to do is show up.... and everyone caters to you.... the registry was sent out with my invites and i still didnt get the stuff on it that i wanted.... people use it as a reference not a guide... but its not like you dont know who these peole are so call or email them and let them know it was forgotten and fill them in...
    reipea0807

Answer by reipea0807 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Ask her to send out a cute little ooooops i forgot letter letting them know where you are registerd!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• You can always return or exchange what you don't need or want. As far as the wipe warmer goes, we were told in our birthing class that those a re no good. The warmth and the moisture produces bacteria that you don't want to be wiping your baby with. You might want to think that one over :o)
    krockwell

Answer by krockwell at 2:08 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• You should then, get on the internet and create an Evite as a reminder to your friends of the upcoming Baby Shower and make sure you include your registry information.

There's no point in getting hot and bothered by the oversight, take control and ---ENJOY YOUR BABY SHOWER! Remember---Everyone attenting is there to celebrate you and your baby!
    Loba

Answer by Loba at 2:08 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• ummm... i can tell you from previous experience; I have always waited like the week of to purchase the gifts; so she needs to send out the registry; or give you the list of people since for some reason they are avoiding doing it....
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 2:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• even though people knew where i was registered, i dont think a single person looked at my registry or bought anything from it. i still ended up getting the stuff i needed, only a few things i didnt, but i got cash gifts too, and i went and bought what i wanted. that may be kinda rude of ur stepmom and stepsister maybe u should tell them that u want to be treated fairly and u dont appreciate it when they do stuff like that. i know its hard though my wedding and my baby shower both went the way i didnt want it too cuz the ppl throwing it just did what they want and i wasnt that involved its hard to speak up
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2008