Is it child abuse?

My brother and his live in girlfriend complain that they are having issues with my brother honory 16 year old. My brothers girlfriend gets upset at my niece because according toher she talked back to her even though no one witnessed it and than privately discusses a punishment like with holding visitation with her biological mother. Than my brother inforces the punishment to make his girlfriend happy. The punishments/ neglect have ranged from with holding phone call privledges to her biological mother, use of the shower, neglecting to supply pads for that time of the month, taking her out of school and forcing her to be home schooled just to insure that she is not going to sneak visits with her mother while at school or use a friends cell phone to call her. Also this teenage girl doesnt own a bra an I dont know what to do with out causing more waves between my brother and me because hes wrapped around his girlfriends finger

SunshineSandie

Asked by SunshineSandie at 3:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• that sounds like a form of abuse when I was 14-15 living w/ my mom and her bf i was allowed 1 2min shower evry day and not to flush the toilet and barley any food in the house and they locked me in and set an alarm and hid tv remotes and phones and I called cps on her and she got in trouble for not taking care or providing for me correctley
    skin172

Answer by skin172 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I DEFINITELY think that is child abuse! Whitholding contact with her biological mother, not letting her shower, not allowing her sanitary supplies, keeping her out of school... all that stuff is COMPLETELY unacceptable. If I were you, I'd call CPS. I'm pretty sure you can do so anonymously...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i think your brother is a push over with his trick..he needs to be a father 1st then a man to her...his blood comes 1st and to keep the mother away as a form of punishment is a low blow...WOW WHAT AN ASS HOLE...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 3:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think that this is def child neglect...taking her away from her biological mother is horrible..in less her biological mother is bad and not letting her take showers or getting her pads is horrible those are necessties...not things that she wants..if she is misbehaving they should just take things away from her like tv or grounding her to her room for the night or weekend...To me this sounds like his girlfriend is jealous of the biological mother and so she is punishing the girl..so that her mom wont come around..this is very wrong and he biological mother should try and fight to see her!!
    JoshysMomma19

Answer by JoshysMomma19 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• It's emotional abuse and neglect. REPORT them. Also, she is 16, she can leave and report it on her own. Contact her mom and tell her what is going on or call CPS on your own.He may be your brother, but he is screwing up because of his girlfriend. Sorry, he needs to man up and be a parent and stop this horrible behavior.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• sounds horrible to me!
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 3:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Sounds more like emotional abuse and neglect...which is just as bad.
    Anonymous

• I would notify the school counselor or nurse anonymously. Or is she completely homeschooled. Notify the enforcement agency anon and see what happens.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• They mother needs to do something about it. You could call CPS on him if you like.

Answer by louise2 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Poor girl... That would definately qualify as emotional abuse I would say. Does the bio-mom know about these restrictions? Sounds like bio-mom had better head on over to the courthouse.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2010