My baby wont sleep

In his crib most nights.
He is four months old and always wants to sleep with us he cant fall asleep unless he is in the bed with me what do i do

keaton10

Asked by keaton10 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Let him sleep with you.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I dont want him to get to attached to it
    keaton10

Comment by keaton10 (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Pretty sure he's already attached... and you can fight it for the next 2 years and when he's old enough he'll just get up and walk to your bed! I never coslept as an infant, but when I was old enough I was crawling into my parents bed every night!

They all grow out of it at some point!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 3:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I coslept with my children. We loved it.
    Anonymous

• If you are sleeping and the baby is sleeping, then I wouldn't change the arrangement.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• start with the crib in ur room and slowly move it into their room. once its in their room sleep in the room with them for a few nights! thats what we did! it took about a month but now she sleeps in her room in her crib!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I would decide what you really want over then next few years. If you want to co-sleep, then just go for it. If you want the baby in its crib, then try to start now. Just put him in there and then soothe him as he needs it. I moved both my kids into cribs, one at 6 months and the other at about 5 months. I started with naps, did swaddling, rocking, singing etc. It did not take them very long to get used to it, but it is a change. I find that a humidifier or other white noise machine works great. Swaddling a 4 mo old might help him feel more cozy and like you are there. One thing I did not do until my second child- but I wish I would have done it with my first, was I told myself that as long as he was not crying, I would not go to him to sooth him. Babies can be really grunty/fussy when they sleep but they are really ok unless they are really crying.
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Just enjoy being able to sleep.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 8:48 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My daughter use to be the same way when I co-slept with her, I stopped doing it when she was about2-3 months old. She didn't want to sleep in her crib, so first I tried a bassinet/playpen right next to my side of the bed, she would wake up and all I did was pick her up, get her back to sleep and place her right back down again and did that till she stayed asleep by herself. I had to do it for a few nights and lose alot of sleep but I think it will be easier to do now than later. Now she sleeps in her crib in our room all by herself, still doesn't sleep through the night at 6 months but that is a WHOLE other story haha
    ZammiesMommy

Answer by ZammiesMommy at 4:10 PM on Oct. 15, 2010