Need help slimming my trouble area

So, I started at 210, 2weeks ago...I am now proudly down to 198. Everything is slimming down I am really happy. My tummy is slimming and thighs. Looks great. BUT there is always a BUT, my calves are huge. They have always been huge. Like I cant wear boots that go above my ankles. I do lots of working out, from Treadmill to walking outside to, stationary bike and cardio. But everything seems to be making them firmer instead of slimming them..Help!

motheronthego4

Asked by motheronthego4 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Yoga is the best way to get lean long muscles. It might be hard at first but after about a month you will see the difference.
    getyoung

Answer by getyoung at 4:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• What are you doing to lose the weight? I desperately need to lose some.
    mamamac5

Answer by mamamac5 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• i know exactly how you feel!! i have the exact same problem! the only way i have ever seen my calves get slimmer was when i was in dance. it was a lot of the movements with standing on your toes and such that helped. but unfortunately, i think thats an area we will always have problems with. the thing with calves is you really dont have a lot of fat on there, all it is is muscle, it may seem like fat, but its just muscle that has relaxed. i know thats not the answer you want, but thats what ive discovered through my years of battling with it too. congrats on the weight loss though!! i wish i c ould do that!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Keep doing what you are doing - they will eventually slim down.

Any cardio is going to slim you down including your calves.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 10:50 AM on Oct. 28, 2008