Sippy cups that vent more like bottles

Do the Dr Brown sippy cups vent more like a bottle? Trying to transition to a sippy from a bottle for nap and bed time, I have noticed any cup I have doesn't vent. Because it's not desiged for continuous drinking like bottles are. I have seen the Dr Brown sippy cups before but never used them or know anyone to have used them. My babies do fine all day on cups, all varieties but then at nap and bed the cup nipples stick together, cause them to have to breath more often through their mouths...generally just annoying them I think LOL Any suggestions on a good cup with good nipple and what not??

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 3:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I really liked the nuby sippy cups with the silicone type spout. My DD liked these best as well.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I never had them take a sippy cup to bed, but my kids used bottles way too long. They just drank upright with cups. I don't think any sippy cup is a bottle substitute. Why not just give them a bottle?
    Anonymous

• at wal mart they have belly ticklers in the juice isle. my kids like those and they have all the different characters
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 3:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My oldest is 25 months and we have attempted a couple times to give him a sippy cup, with a nipple like top...the ones bfrom Nuby, well it was disasterous. So he still takes 4 oz of water to bed with him. And in the middle of the night if he needs to relax again he gets 2 oz of water. I learned a lot between the oldest and the now 1 yr old baby. Like this time around I am not giving a cup or bottle to him to lay down with. I hold him in his room and he drinks his bottle then I lay him down for nap and bed. This way we don't have the disasterous bottle situation the older has, because in the middle of the night if he is up 2x or more he thinks he has to have that water...which leads to peeing the bed, and it's just rediculous at 25 months. But anyways, I know it's all trial and error and each kid is differnt anyways.
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• At 2 years there is no need for a sippy or a bottle and definately no reason for it in the middle of the night. Have you tried the straw cups instead.
    Dd liked the Nuby but opted for the straw cups instead.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2010