Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Does anyone know if vbac's have to happen in a hospital?

As in could I have one in a birthing center instead?


Asked by mslksdh at 3:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 18 (5,219 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • The birth center I used to work at was able to perform them. Call and ask. Not all of them are able to for insurance purposes, but it's a fantastic idea, and more of them are able to do it than even 2 years ago.

    Answer by musicpisces at 4:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

  • it depends on the birthing center and their insuance

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

  • yes, you can have one in a birthing center. just research the birthing centers in your area. as long as you are healthy, and have a healthy pregnancy most (not all) birthing centers will allow a vbac.

    Answer by rfurlongg at 3:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

  • IDK, but I wish you luck! I had a c-section and couldnt do it any other way. You are brave!

    Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

  • I would probably call and ask, since every hospital and center are different just like the doctors.

    Answer by cynprz at 5:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

  • Thank you all!

    Comment by mslksdh (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN