3 Weeks before the election?

The deep water drilling ban has been lifted just 3 weeks before the election. Coincidence?
I think not. Facts are it is going to be so hard to get a permit that they don't need a ban to make sure wells are not being explored or drilled. They do not even have all the so called "rules" set up so they don't HAVE to give out these permits. It's all for show. What do you think?

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think now would be wise to invest in the foreign energy sector since the Chinese get to explore in TX.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I'm opposed to deepwater drilling. I support alternative energy sources. That being said it's likely a purely political move. Like all the terror alerts before the 2004 election.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 4:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I am 100% positive that it is a political move. But I agree with Friday, I want alternative energy.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 4:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I disagree that it's a pre-election ploy but i agree about everything else.

I also understood that it would be almost impossible to get a permit. I'm not sure how i feel about deep water drilling but i certainly hate this smoke and mirrors bullshit.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I still wonder why Obama gave all that money to Brazil to drill for oil. Could it be because George Soros is a major investor in the oil company there. Soros also needs all those oil platforms down there too, that I think is why Obama had the drilling ban imposed here.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think it's just politics.

To those who say they want alternative energy options, I agree, but are you sitting around waiting for the gubmint to get them for you or are you taking steps on your own? DH and I are ~ straight across the board.

We are putting in solar, we already heat our water with solar and use 'free' solar for the odd days in our winter when we need heat. We grow/raise food rather than buy gas to go buy it or have it transported to a nearby store. We use wood heat if we need more than the solar. The homes we're building are extremely energy efficient and rely on local materials (earth bermed cordwood) rather than mass produced cheap oil standards.

There is a LOT you can do rather than just demand the gubmint 'fix' things ~ and if enough people did so the gubmint would notice and get on the ball. Right now too many could care less or do nothing. That sort of gives a free pass to just keep drilling.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• the gubmint. ha.
    Anonymous

• NOTHING this administration does is a "coincidence!" Everything is WELL PLANNED and timed to the second!!

The only thing that WASN'T planned, was Obama's rapid nose-dive from grace!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• BUUUUUTTTTTT! China can drill............................
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• It's totally POLITICAL!!!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 9:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2010