My biggest pet peeve is people who don't respect boundaries -

whether friends or family or anyone else. Can anyone here relate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Yep, I've had problems with one friend who came over once and let her child do whatever she wanted, even as I asked her not to. I'm a very private person so I don't like random people in my bedroom (just me and my husband) and the little girl was going in there looking through drawers and dragging out anything she found. This same person gave the little girl one of my decorations in my bathroom which she left in peices all over the floor. Needless to say they have not been invited back over. I felt bad at first, until I found out that while the little girl was in the bathroom she smeared crap all over the wall and her mom, who knew it was there, just moved a few things in front of it so she wouldn't have to clean it.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 4:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• yes, I have a sister in law that invites herself to my house to swim or invites herself to dinner etc. No matter what the situation or what we are doing she can never get the hint that maybe we don't want her there. One time she came over to borrow something and my husband met her at the garage door with it and she walked past him came up the stairs and at the table I had it set with our meals and candlelite she pulled up a chair and asked for a glass of wine!
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 4:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My sister is an hour late everywhere she goes, except work, proving that she CAN be on time she just chooses not to. I find it so rude that she thinks her time is more valuable than anyone else's. We started telling her that things started an hour earlier than they actually do so she'll be on time. Even then, she is STILL sometimes late.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I know exactly what you mean. My daughter loves to take things that are mine. I don't mind if she uses something, but she could at least put it back when she's done with it. It irritates me so much that when I need something I can't find it. I was taught that when you use something of someone else's that you always put it back where you found it. But kids today think that we can replace everything.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:12 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yes!!!!! My ex doesn't understand boundaries at all!
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 4:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I can't stand people touching my things without asking. I have taught my children that it's HANDS OFF unless you have been given permission. I, in turn respect them as well and ask if I can look at something of theirs. They have told me that they like being able to give permission for their things to be touched. My neighbor has 3 kids and her youngest is 3 yrs old. He likes to just barge in my house, which the mom thinks is sooooooooo cute! Well, when she clearly wasn't going to make him knock and wait to be asked to enter, so now, ever since I came to this conclusion when he barges in, I tell him he needs to leave and when he can knock and wait to be asked to come in he can come back. His mom threw a hissy fit at me....I don't care! If she isn't going to teach him and let him run all over the place, then I am not going to let him keep disrespecting my home. Most of the time, she doesn't even know he left her apartment!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:11 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My mother in law doesnt know boundaries!!!
    mommytolucasray

Answer by mommytolucasray at 2:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2010