B-day gift for a girl turning 6?

My long-time friend whom I have known since elementary school- her dd is turning 6 and I haven't a clue what to buy her. She invited me to her party and said I didn't have to bring anything when I asked what to get for a gift but I HAVE to bring something because I think its rude not to. I am on a tight budget and I've never met her dd because we have just gotten back into contact through Facebook. Her dd is just one month older than my ds but I don't know what girls that age like. I want it to be something she's sure to love and something good.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Shopping

• easy bake ovens are cool
    skin172

Answer by skin172 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• That is a good idea :-) Ladies give me some more good ideas please!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• They have this purse/messenger bag for $10 at Walmrt that is in the craft section. It's one that they can color themselves to make it however they choose. That would be cool.
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 6:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Lots of little girls turning 6 ?? LOL, just answered similar question a few questions ago !! Will give same answer - Hair stuff from the dollar store in a nice storage piece or box from there also - tie up with a nice bow (or even one of the hair ties) and it makes a great gift for a little girl for not much money at all. I do the same thing for baby shower gifts - I try to spend between $10 and $20 (depending on how well I know the person) and you can really make a nice gift with all the little necessities that people don't think about (bottle brushes, nail trimmers, stuff like that). Can be a lot of fun to put together too - have fun with the birthday gift !!!
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2010