If you knew your hubby had a "gay fling" would you accept that?

Gavin Rossdale (Gwen Stefani's hubby) admitted to a gay fling when he was 17...

Would that be a deal breaker?

What if you found out YEARS after marrying and you already had a family?

Once gay always gay?

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 4:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• If it was before we were together I would be surprised but get over it. I would be glad we have been tested regularly.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 4:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• If he told me before marriage that he had full blown sex with a man, I would not marry him because I would wonder if he is capable of coming out later in life after I've had all his kids and stuff. If he told me way after the marriage I would not know if I could trust him. He'd be the type of man to tell me what he thinks will keep me instead of telling me the truth. I don't like people that are deceptive like that.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• What is there not to accept? I've been with women, he doesn't care. Why should I care if he had been with men? It's not like either of us were virgins when we met, if he was he wouldn't have had a chance at being with me... So no, I wouldn't care at all!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Leave him for it? NEVER...
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 4:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• If he is waiting 20 years after we have been together (10+ of those married to each other) to tell me??? I would have serious questions and concerns to his character to not have been upfront with me 20 years ago. It's not a simple question. It would involve a lot of heart to heart conversations/questions/answers... There is no black and white/yes or no answer to this.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• we would have some trust issues- ten years of lying?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Hell no, cheating is cheating. I dont care if it came out years after being married. He lied and cheated and there is no trust.

If it happen before no once gay always gay is not true. It could have been simply being curious.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• As long as it happened before we were together, I would care at all.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think that is a hard question. Please always comment but you NEVER really know what you wouuld do unless you were actually in that situation. So i can't really ans that. I know how i feel about being gay and I know how ppl can change.. SO.. I guess i am not help to these questions.
    deverrick

Answer by deverrick at 4:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• leave him for something he did once several years before we met/married?? no. he knows all about me and mine..turn-about's fair play, n'est pas? according to him, he played around quite a bit (although, no mention of gaycapades) in his 20s and early 30s. i did, as well, and them some.
    you marry the person he is today..not who he was or who he will be.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2010